Nepal @ Visa Information
New visa rule is applied for tourist in Nepal effective from 16 July 2008. Tourists who visit Nepal must hold valid passport and visa.
Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepal Embassy/ Consulate or Mission offices abroad, or at the following immigration offices in Nepal:
1. Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
2. Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
3. Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
4. Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
5. Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
6. Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
7. Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
8. Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
Visa Fasility, Duration & Fee
1: Multiple entry: 15 days US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
2: Multiple entry: 30 days US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
3: Multiple entry: 90 days US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
Tourist Visa Extention
1: Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day.
2: Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January-December).
1: Gratis visa for 30 days available only for tourists of SAARC countries.
2: Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
Transit visa for one day can be obtained from Nepals immigration offices at the entry points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, by paying US $ 5 or equivalent convertible currency.
For further information, please, contact Department of Immigration, Maitighar, Impact Building, Kathmandu, Tel:00977-1-4221996/ 4223590 / 4222453 , web site:www.immi.gov.np